My Sponsors

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Randy Moss Still Burning The Packers

According to reports, Brett Favre has decided to retire. According to at least one story, it's because of the Packer's refusal to go get Randy Moss, who Favre pushed them to get last year, and apparently pushed them to get this year as well. The retirement rumors come just hours after Moss signed a new three-year deal with the Patriots.

As a die-hard Vikings fan, I've watched Favre's career about as closely as anyone other than Packer fans. I've watched him kill my Viking's teams over the years, and i've also watched him suck a nut for over a decade in the dome in Minneapolis. I watched him break the all-time TD record against the Vikings this year, and i've watched him throw three picks to the Vikes in Lambeau in the playoffs.

Although i have always had a bitter hatred for the man that the entire country adores, and have grown increasingly sick with the Favre-love being spewed the last few years, i have to admit he had an impressive career. That said, i particularly enjoyed his descent into the can't-quite-do-what-he-used-to, throw-more-picks-than-TD's, kill-your-team-in-big-moments qb he has become the last three or four years.

Time for the Aaron Rodgers era to being in Green Bay.

UPDATE: Some of my favorite Favre memories below (Pay special attention to the INT's in home playoff games against the Vikings, Eagles, and Falcons within the last five years. Oh, and my favorite, where he throws the Pick-6 off his knees. Only Favre has the arrogance to even attempt that...)

1 comment:

Mac G said...

Yeah, Yeah. I still love that his last game in the Metrodome will be breaking the All Time TD record and pulling out a victory.

I understand your joy considering the QBs that lined under center for the 2007 Viqueens.

I totally agree with your happiness with Favre leaving because that is exactly how I felt when the Vikings traded the Packer killer Moss out of the NFC North.